Dorota Malek is a Polish-born singer residing in Austria since her early childhood. She took her first steps in show business in 1999 at the age of 14. Having used every opportunity to enter a stage since then, Dorota decided to play in a band in 2003. Together with four young musicians she found via the internet, ALICE was founded! It worked fast uphill, but unfortunately the drummer decided to study in 2006 and the band broke up.
Dorota started her solo career in 2007. First output was the single “All against me”, which led to a management contract with German agency Rex GmbH.
Her second passion is acting. She joined some castings e.g. "You Are Dead Within 3 Days" and continued her education in a drama school in Vienna until 2008.
The 3-track EP "Loosing Myself" has been produced by Karen Stever and Frank Gryner (Rob Zombie, A Perfect Circle, Tommy Lee, Spineshank) in autumn 2009 and was released in January 2010. "Loosing Myself", featuring the tracks "All Against Me" (new version), "Vision" and "Dead Bird", is available at iTunes, Amazon MP3 etc.
Dorota made a guest appearance on the track "Noora" by Dutch/Finnish band Tornado (released on the album "Amsterdamn, Hellsinki " in June 2011, produced by Peter Tägtgren).
The debut album "Dayphobia" is currently in mixing stage - stay tuned for first impressions to be released soon...
- winner of “Bandbreiten Music Award 2005” with ALICE
- appearance at “Krone-Fest Linz 2005”
- support slots with ALICE for acts like e.g. Shiver, Tamee Harrison, Attwenger and Krautschädl
- 3rd place "Austrian Music Award 2009" (Solo)
- EP "Loosing Myself" 2009 (produced by Karen Stever and Frank Gryner)
- guest appearance on track "Noora" by Dutch/Finnish band Tornado (produced by Peter Tägtgren)
- debut album "Dayphobia" to be released in late 2011