Here are four easy and efficient ways to check your Matric Results.
A tweet by the Department of Basic Education revealed that students could expect their results on 19 January and get the original statement on 20 January. It reads,
“Minister @Angie_Motshekga will release the Matric Exam Results on the 19th of January 2023 for the Matric Class of 2022. @ElijahMhlanga @HubertMweli @dbetvnews.”
1. Check your result online;
- Visit the Department of Basic Education’s 2022 SC Examination Result Page.
- Enter the examination number assigned to you during your exams in the given field.
- Enter your home language.
- Fill in all the needed details.
After doing this, wait for the result to load. Do not panic if there is a delay; it means the website is experiencing a lot of traffic because you’re not the only person checking their result.
2. Another way to check your result is to visit your school. High schools must release the matric results to students a day after the department of Basic Education does (or at noon). Also, find out from your school when to collect the original printed Matric certificate. This would probably be a few months after the release.
3. You can send your ID number and exam number via SMS to 35658. To be valid, the numbers must have 13 digits. There is a once-off cost of R3 to register. The results will be delivered by SMS (when they are released) once the registration is completed.
4. You can also use the USSD service by dialing *120*35658#. You will be prompted to answer multiple questions and enter your ID number. Results will be sent to you per subject after you have completed the process. You’ll also have the option to opt-in or out according to the Protection of Personal Information Act. Also, USSD rates apply.
Note that: You can also check your result in the newspaper, such as The Rapport, The Star, and The Argus, on the release date.
If your result isn’t available, this will probably be due to a technical issue. It will be communicated to you by your school.