Lady Du – Song Is Queen Album
Lady Du Is Steady On Her Throne As She Debuts Her Album – Song Is Queen
Lady Du African born award-winning, multi-platinum-selling Amapiano sensation. She recently established an international fanbase reaching the UK with her heart-rending music and stage presence. The queen of Amapiano, as she is referred to comes from a musical background where she has been making music from a tender age. She is known for her knowledge of the music business and other business-related affairs, again establishing herself as a renowned businesswoman. She continues to inspire young people who aspire to achieve great things in life.
The multi-faceted queen has collaborated with a significant number of industry heavyweights to deliver timeless hits. Lady Du has proven on multiple occasions that anything she touches, turns into diamonds. Over the years Lady Du introduced us to chart topping records like ‘Umsebenzi Wethu’, ‘Zuma Yi Star’ and ‘Catalia’ just to name a few. The announcement of her upcoming debut album Song Is Queen had Mzansi up on their feet! The anticipated album consists of 20 tracks with single ‘Wishy Wishy’ which dropped on the 24th of March leading the body of work. Song Is Queen being a divine album, she also shows off her vocal abilities combining unique melodies and taps into her spiritual side furnishing her fans with a sound they have never heard from her before.
- Anxiety – This song is about feelings of nervousness, fear, panic, rapid breathing, and heart palpitations. We’ve all experienced anxiety at some point in our lives, and it helps to pray, meditate, or exercise, but most importantly just remember to breathe.
- Oyini – This is a very spiritual song; it is a desperate plea to God to hear and answer our prayers.
- Kwaphela – This song is about having a fighting Spirit as we constantly find ourselves in Spiritual Warfare, against unknown enemies, jealousy, witchcraft, negative energies and evil.
- Vukani MaAfrica – This song is a reminder of our Resilience, our Beauty, and our Power as Africans. It’s a call to Rise Up and realize our dreams, knowing that we are pregnant with potential and alive with possibilities.
- Thuba – ithuba means “Chance”, this song is about not undermining or writing off unemployed and disadvantaged people. Everyone should be afforded opportunities to improve their lives.
- Kwakhanya – This song is near and dear to Lady Du’s heart because her late grandmother always reminded her to put God first in everything. She has stayed true to that faith and now doors are open, and her life is filled with light.
- Buya – With everything happening in the world right now and all the difficulties we’re going through, this song is a prayer toGod and Jesus to return and fill our lives with the Holy Spirit.
- Jomo – Jomo is a Sugar Daddy/Blesser, this song puts a spotlight on the fact that these men use and abuse desperate young women. Instead of judging the young women in these relationships, we should be taking a closer look at the men taking advantage of these women.
- Wishy Wishy – this song is about working hard, elevating, and owning your throne.
- Phezulu – this song is about moving forward and upwards, it will have everyone dancing.
- Ganda Ganda – this song about being a force to be reckoned with.
- Banomona – this song means “They are Jealous”, it’s another one that you can’t help but dance to.
- Boyzin – this song is about motivating, uplifting, and empowering people from eKasi.
- Saka La – this is a fun song about dancing and partying with your friends.
- Piano Lase Southa – this song is a tribute to South Africa’s late great Icons.
- Dikeledi – the title translates to “tears”, This song talks about the karma that comes with hurting people and bringing them to tears. Lady Du wrote this song when her mother was going through tough times, whose name just so happens to be Dikeledi.
- God Saved Me – Lady Du is very vulnerable in this song because she is reflecting on the worst time in her life. This was atime when her faith pulled her through the valley of the shadow of death.
- Loco Loco – this is a romantic song about choosing her partner despite what anyone says about him.
- Peace Magents – this is a special tribute to Mpura and Killer Kau. In this song Lady Du expresses her immense grief of the loss of her dear friends.
- Savannah – this song is about forgetting about your problems, and having a good time with your friends