About a day ago, on his Instagram page, the songster had shared the cover art of the project, as well as a teaser, informing fans to look forward to the project on Friday while he teased a song. Friday is here and fans are jubilant.
Looking back, it is clear Samthing Soweto had taken his time with this project. The result is patently beautiful, a project you want to vibe with all day and have others vibe with as well. Not bad, really.
The EP dropped following some strong career decisions. Jub Jub had wanted to co-opt Samthing Soweto (alongside some great voices in South African music) on the song “Ndikhokhele (Remix),” but Samthing Soweto declined. He hadn’t given reasons for declining. But then, fans are no longer asking questions about that decision.
Right now, fans only want to have a good time. And a good time they’ve got with “Danko,” a body of work as energizing as anything Samthing Soweto has released this year. On his latest EP, the singer has 6 tracks with features from some of the best in the music scene, see full tracklist below:
- Samthing Soweto & De Mthuda – Chomi
- Samthing Soweto & De Mthuda – Tilili Ft. Da Muziqal Chief & Malumnator
- Samthing Soweto & De Mthuda – Ngisendleleni
- Samthing Soweto & De Mthuda – Weekend
- Samthing Soweto & Entity Musiq – Hey Wena Ft. Alie Keys
- Samthing Soweto & Mzansi Youth Choir – The Danko! Medley
If you care for a splendid musical break, we encourage you to embrace this EP in all its colours.