Japanese manufacturer Kohjinsha is happy to announce that they’ll be shipping out a dual screen laptop during mid December, just in time for Christmas! Even though they aren’t releasing the world’s first dual screen laptop, they can claim that their dual screen laptop will be more affordable than its massive predecessor, the Lenovo Thinkpad W700ds series.
Even though the features are in Japanese, Google proudly translates its specifications as follows:
- two thin 10.1 inch widescreen LCD screens with 1024×600 (WSVGA) display. The two screens slide out left and right, creating an extra long centered display
- Other features, according to Kohjinsha, include: an AMD Athlonâ¢ Neo MV-40 ( 1.6GHz ) processor,
- 1GB of memory (with a max of 4GB),
- a 160GB 2.5 inch SATA hard drive, an ATI Radeonâ¢ HD 3200 internal graphics accelerator,
- a wireless LAN + Bluetooth,
- a 1.3 megapixel webcam, and
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.
- The laptop is approximately 1.84kg (~4lbs) and has a battery life of about 4.5 hours.