Popular South African rapper, Nasty C, turns 23 today and we can’t keep calm. The young rapper has been able to accomplish so much at a young age that most of his peers haven’t.
Shockingly, the young rapper has been able to accomplish a lot with just 5 years of fame. He was a great source of inspiration to not just the young, but also the old. He has proven that anyone can accomplish their goals and aspirations irrespective of their age.
Below are 23 accomplishments of the Strings and Blings hitmaker.
- The young rapper was the youngest recipient in the 2015 South African Hip Hop Awards in the cayenne of Best Freshman Award.
- His albums, Strings & Blings and Bad Hair, both went platinum.
- Nasty C was awarded by GQ Magazine as the man of the year.
- Nasty C bagged 9 nominations at the AFRIMA 2019, making him the most nominated South African rapper at AFRIMA awards in 2019.
- The rapper has received endorsement deals with Nike, Axe and Russian Bear.
- His album, ‘Strings and Blings,’ won the Album Of The Year in 2019.
- Nasty C established his own label company with the name, Tall Racks.’ He signed Rowlene who has released an album titled, ‘Curtain Call.’
- Nasty C received a YouTube Silver Play Button player. Nasty C was the first rapper to receive the plaque.
- Last month, he was invited to the Hollywood’s Walk of Fame by Sir Lucian Grangers. At the event, he rubbed shoulders with international personalities such as Lionel Richie, Justin Bieber, Lewis Capaldi, and Shawn Mendes.
- Nasty C has collaborated with international artists from Africa, Asia, and America.
- Nasty C was nominated at the BET Awards for Best International Act: Africa in 2017.
- Nasty C was ranked number 3 on the 2017 MTV Base: South Africa’s Hottest MCs.
- Nasty C bagged a nominated at the 2017 MTV Europe Music Awards.
- He has gotten a big shout out from Young Thug, Burna Boy and T.I.
- Nasty C’s SMA Music Video has been named the best performing music video in South African Hip Hop. The video garnered over 10 million views.
- Nasty C established musical tour, ‘Ivyson Tour.’ It has catered and accommodated several fans and rappers.
- In 2019, the young rapper faced his fear and showed off his big toe. He revealed that he was frequently mocked because of it.
- Nasty C has won 6 awards from over 15 nominations.
- ‘Jungle’ from the album, Strings N Bling, achieved double-platinum status. Also, his hit single titled, ‘King,’ featuring A$AP Ferg achieved triple platinum status.
- His album, ‘Bad Hair,’ reached the number one spot on iTunes local charts and within its 24 hours, it became the most streamed album in South Africa.
- Nasty C collaborated with Red Bull South Africa on a campaign targeted at granting opportunities to young talented rappers.
- In 2018, Nasty C became the most streamed artist on Spotify with approximately 17 Million.
- Nasty C deviated from his area of specialization. He tried out guitar playing and sampled Amapiano elements on one of his songs.