It wasn’t the best of starts for Vestapen at the Formula 1 Azerbaijan GP on Sunday. But at the end of it all, he probably gave many a reason not to give up on whatever they are doing, although they might not have had an ideal start.
He finished first, while his Red Bull teammate Sergio came second. George Russell managed to take third place while Lewis Hamilton popped in the fourth position. Hamilton was a favourite to win, but fate had other ideas.
In a tweet, he had noted he had a tough time on the road, and his back was sore and bruised. Still, he remained positive while also wishing everyone the best going forward.
Charles Leclerc had the most misfortune during the meet and ended up not reaching his goal. He had an engine issue in lap 21, and, due to a hydraulic problem, he had to retire in lap 10.
Here are the results for the Baku event.
2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Top 10
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) 1:34:05.941
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) +20.823
- George Russell (Mercedes) +45.995
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) +1:11.679
- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri) 1:17.299
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin) 1:24.099
- Fernando Alonso (Alpine) +1:28.596
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) +1:32.207
- Lando Norris (McLaren) +1:32.556
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine) +1:48.184
Would the results have been different if Lclerc has no issues with his engine? Probably.