News

The Sophomore Album “CEASER” Marks A New Era For Big Star Johnson

South African hip-hop artist Big Star Johnson is making a significant comeback with his much-anticipated sophomore album, “CEASER.” Known for his victory in the hip-hop TV reality show, The Hustle, in 2015, Big Star Johnson has been a prominent figure in the South African music scene, contributing significantly with his lyrical prowess and musical delivery. Despite a hiatus that left fans yearning for more, the artist is now ready to unveil his new project, set to release on February 2, 2024.

The album “CEASER” is not just another collection of songs; it’s a deeply personal narrative that explores Big Star Johnson’s relationship with his father and his journey into fatherhood. The album’s cover art, recently revealed, is a reflection of this personal journey, symbolizing the rapper’s understanding of his identity through the lens of his father’s image. “Looking at my Father (CEASER) is like looking in the mirror,” the rapper explained, indicating a profound connection between his personal growth and his music.The Sophomore Album &Quot;Ceaser&Quot; Marks A New Era For Big Star Johnson 2The Sophomore Album &Quot;Ceaser&Quot; Marks A New Era For Big Star Johnson 3

In an exclusive interview with SA Hip Hop Mag, Big Star Johnson delved into the details of “Caesar,” describing it as “mature, honest, authentic hip hop.” The album promises to cross over into various styles of music, from deep house to African jazz, soul, gospel, and even amapiano, showcasing the artist’s versatility and growth. This diverse range of sounds reflects his evolution as an artist and a person, particularly in the context of his new role as a father.

The creation of “CEASER” was a journey in itself. Big Star Johnson shared that 80% of the album was recorded in just three days, but completing the remaining 20% took a year and a half. This period was marked by an internal awakening, a process that was both challenging and transformative. The rapper credits prayer, meaningful conversations, meditation, and a supportive community for helping him navigate through this phase.

Balancing his roles as an artist, entrepreneur, and father, Big Star Johnson emphasizes the importance of focus and prioritization. He dedicates specific days to his company, always keeping fatherhood as a priority. His approach to recording music is spiritual, allowing creativity to flow naturally.

Looking ahead, Big Star Johnson envisions more expression in his future projects. He hints at the possibility of a gospel album, a jazz album, and more hip-hop albums, perhaps even a dance album. His journey is a testament to the power of authenticity and self-discovery in the ever-evolving landscape of music and life.

Back to top button